Notice of Outreach for FEMA-funded Private Property Demolition Program
12/03/2021 03:05 PM
Terrebonne Parish is currently assessing the need for a possible Hurricane Ida FEMA-funded private property demolition program for structures that were significantly damaged by the hurricane. Private structures that may be eligible for demolition through the Parish program must meet the following criteria:
- Located within Terrebonne Parish limits
- Substantially damaged or destroyed beyond repair by Hurricane Ida winds or water
- No insurance proceeds or other funding are available to assist the demolition
The demolition program will first have to be approved by FEMA, and FEMA will assess and approve each property on an individual basis. If you are interested in participating in this potential demolition program, please contact the Parish using one of the following methods:
- Submit your request online using the Parish’s web-based intake form at https://arcg.is/qrWDq0.
- Or call in to the Hurricane Ida Private Property Demolition Hotline to provide requested information: (888) 727-0228 (between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm).
Please continue to place storm related debris on the Right of Way for the ongoing Parish debris collection program.