Residents Affected by Hurricane Zeta Can Apply for Federal Disaster Assistance
01/14/2021 10:48 AM
Homeowners and renters who suffered damage from Hurricane Zeta in eligible parishes should register with FEMA and apply for federal disaster assistance as soon as possible. Survivors may be eligible to receive assistance for uninsured and underinsured damage and losses resulting from the hurricane.
The following options are available to register with FEMA
- Visit disasterassistance.gov
- Download the FEMA app
- Call 800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585; toll-free lines operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week
If you have previously applied for assistance for Hurricane Laura and/or Delta, you will have to register again.
Have the following available when you register:
- A current phone number
- Your address at the time of the disaster and the address where you are now staying
- Your social security number if available
- Your insurance policy number or insurance agency/company if applicable
U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Loans are available for:
- Businesses of any size and non-profits for up to $2 million for property damage
- Small businesses engaged in aquaculture and most non-profits: up to $2 million for working capital needs even if they had no property damage, with a $2 million maximum loan for any combination of property damage and working capital needs
- For homeowners: up to $200,000 to repair or replace their primary residence
- For homeowners and renters: up to $40,000 to replace personal property, including vehicles
Businesses and residents can apply on line at www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance. For questions and assistance completing an application, call 800-659-2955 or email FOCWAssistance@sba.gov.
For more information on which parishes are eligible and additional information about the program, view the press release and FEMA graphic.