TPCG Coronavirus Update for September 11, 2020
09/11/2020 05:59 PM
From the Office of Parish President Gordon Dove:
Text TPCOVID to 888777 for updates from TPCG.
Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government Coronavirus Update – September 11, 2020
(all new information is marked with an asterisk* and bolded)
Total Number of Coronavirus Cases in Terrebonne Parish: 3,485
Total Coronavirus Deaths Confirmed by the Terrebonne Coroner’s Office: 106
*Presumed Recovered as of September 6, 2020: 3,110 persons
Percent Positivity Rate: 8.5%
Number of deaths reported on this report may not match the Louisiana Department of Health coronavirus website due to the latency of data input by the Louisiana Department of Health.
*A person is presumed recovered if it has been more than 21 days since he/she tested positive and he/she is not deceased. Presumed recovered counts will be updated weekly on Monday.
*Phase 3 Guidelines Issued by Governor John Bel Edwards Today
- Businesses such as restaurants, spas, gyms, etc. will be allowed to open at 75% while still following social distancing guidelines
- Bars can reopen on a parish-by-parish basis IF the parish is testing under 5% positivity for two two-week periods. If they meet that criteria, parish leaders still have to approve the reopening. Those bars will be at 25% occupancy and open for table service ONLY. Terrebonne Parish is currently at 8.5 % positivity.
- On-premise alcohol sales will end at 10 p.m. for all restaurants, bars, casinos, etc.
- Nobody under 21-years-old will be allowed in these reopened bars.
- Social gatherings such as weddings or parties will be capped at 50% or 250 people, whichever is lower. Same for any outdoor events.
- Casinos will stay under Phase 2 rules: 50% capacity.
- Sporting events such as high school football will be capped at 25% capacity. Social distancing is required.
- Nursing homes will still not allow visitors, but the LDH is working on a new program to facilitate outdoor visits in parishes with under 5% positivity in their testing.
- The governor added that the mask mandate and all common sense recommendations for stopping the spread of COVID-19 will still be included in Phase 3.
For additional information regarding Phase 3 requirements visit: https://gov.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/newsroom/detail/2679
*Face Mask Distribution to Terrebonne Parish Residents
Resident can pick-up free face masks, Monday thru Friday from 7AM to 4PM, at the Parish’s purchasing/warehouse department at 301 Plant Road in Houma.
Residents are reminded that even though you are wearing a face mask, you should still practice the 6-foot social distancing rule while around other people.
Daily case numbers and deaths will be available from Terrebonne Alert, the Parish’s Emergency and Community Notification System. To register for Terrebonne Alert, go to tohsep.com/terrebonnealert. After you register, select Public Health Alerts, to receive email or text messages regarding the coronavirus.
If you have already registered for Terrebonne Alert, go to tohsep.com/terrebonnealert and click on the “sign up” button, then select sign in on the top right of the webpage. Once you sign in, click edit in My Subscriptions, then the arrow next to “Community Information”, then the arrow next to “Send me the following”, then select “Public Health Alerts (COVID-19)”, then click the Save button. You can also text “TPCOVID” to 888-777 from your mobile device to receive daily updates.
*Availability of Coronavirus Testing
Coronavirus testing is currently available at the following locations:
Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center
- Saturday, September 12th from 10AM to 6PM.
Teche Action Clinic – 1014 W. Tunnel Blvd., Houma, LA
- Need to call and make an appointment: 985-851-1717
- Testing to patients and non-patients – if patient is having symptoms, they must wait in their vehicle and someone will go to them and test.
- With or without insurance
- Hours: Monday thru Thursday – 7:30am to 5:30pm / Friday – 8:00am to 12:00pm
START Community Health Center – 235 Civic Center Blvd., Houma, LA
- Need to call and make an appointment: 985-333-2020
- Only testing persons with symptoms
- With or without insurance
- Hours: Monday thru Friday – 8:00am to 4:30pm
All Access Walk-in Clinic – 855 Belanger Street, Suite 106
- Need to call and make appointment: 985-709-0311
- Testing is done in your car. Please park on the first floor of the TGMC parking garage.
- Tests available: Rapid Test (finger prick, blood test), Nasal Swab and Oral Swab
- Hours: Monday thru Friday – 9:00am to 3:00pm
- No Insurance Accepted
Terrebonne General Medical Center
- Must have a doctor’s order for test
- Need to call to make an appointment: 985-858-7777
- Hours: Monday thru Friday – 8:00am to 2:45pm
- Bring ID and insurance card