Public Meeting Notice: Council Meeting Live Video Streamed May 27
05/22/2020 02:22 PM
Following the Declaration of Public Health Emergency, La RS 29:766, by the Governor of the State of Louisiana, John Bel Edwards, and pursuant to Proclamations 27-JBE-2020, the Parish President for Terrebonne Parish, Gordon E. Dove, have declared a State of Emergency within Terrebonne Parish.
As per the attached Certification by Council Chairman Steve Trosclair, and in accordance with Section 4 of Louisiana Executive Proclamation Number JBE 2020- 30 of March 16, 2020, and the Parish President’s Executive Order on Public Meetings signed March 23, 2020, at 4:50 p.m. and recorded in the Public Record on March 25, 2020, at COB 2600, page 585, Entry No. 1600720, the Terrebonne Parish Council meeting scheduled for Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. shall be conducted via Zoom tele/video virtual conference and shall be live streamed on Terrebonne Parish Council’s Facebook page. There is no physical meeting location. The meeting is being conducted in by this method in order to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
This meeting will not include video of the Council sitting in the Council meeting room. Council Members, Administration, and their staff will participate remotely. Dependent upon on a participant’s account settings, you may or may not be able to actually see a participant.
The public may view the meeting over live video stream on the Terrebonne Parish Council's Facebook page. The public can access the page by clicking the link or searching for Terrebonne Parish Council.
The Facebook page will be used for viewing purposes only. The comments section will be disabled.
Public wishing to address the Council will be administered through Zoom.us. Instructions are below.
2. Listening/viewing to the Meeting via Zoom
The Public may view, listen. and call into the meeting through Zoom webinar or teleconference. Unless you follow instructions in part 3 below, you will not be able to address the Council during this meeting.
A. View the Meeting from a PC, Mac, Android, or iPhone device.
1. Enter this link into your browser to join the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/96311606954?pwd=SG5tVmRid0VUUytISmZJcFFJUzdaQT09
2. When prompted, enter your name and email address.
3. Click “Join” or “Join Webinar.”
4. The meeting should automatically download and launch.
B. Listen to the Meeting from any mobile or wired touchtone telephone.
1. Dial 1-312-626-6799 or 1-929-205-6099 or 1-253-215-8782
2. When prompted, enter the Webinar ID 963 1160 6954 Password: 516624.
3. Callers should enter their legal name in the chat box in order to be recognized. Anonymous callers will not be recognized.
3. Public Addressing the Council
Individuals wishing to address the council will have to fill out a speaker card and email the card to email@example.com. A speaker card is attached to this Notice. As always, Public Comment is allowed only on an item listed on the agenda. To prevent participation in the meeting by anonymous or fictitious individuals, you are required to include your name, telephone number, and email address on the card. You are also required to sign and date your speaker card at the bottom. If you do not have printing and/or scanning technology, your typed name will suffice for an electronic signature.
Speaker cards will be accepted until 12:00 p.m. (Noon) CST on Tuesday, May 26, 2020. Any cards submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. Speaker cards submitted without the required information and signature will not be accepted.
When the Council staff receives your speaker card in compliance with these instructions, you will be sent an electronic invitation to join the meeting. For this reason, you will need to include a valid email address on your speaker card. Any cards submitted without a valid email address will not be accepted.
Individuals who have submitted a speaker card in accordance with this notice by 12:00 p.m. (Noon) Tuesday, May 26, 2020, may need to sign into a Zoom account to participate.
Individuals wishing to address the council will need to create a free Zoom account to participate. If you already have a Zoom account, sign in here. Each individual addressing the Council shall be limited to 1 minute and 30 seconds.
4. This meeting will be the fifth time the Terrebonne Parish Council uses webinar conferencing technology to conduct a public meeting. While every effort is being made to conduct a smooth and inclusive public meeting during this time of emergency, please understand that technology may not always be reliable, whether due to human error or technical error. Please offer your patience and understanding while the Council launches and improves this new way of connecting to the people of Terrebonne Parish.